No products in the cart.
This Valentine’s Day, you can spice up your celebration of intimacy and love by trying out cannabis lubes. The cannabis market has experienced a surge in the popularity of these innovative products. Cannabis lubes promise to elevate sensual pleasure to new heights.
In this article, we explore the mechanism and uses of cannabis lubricants, compare CBD and THC-based options, and discuss the potential benefits offered by these products to guide your romantic celebrations this year.
What are Cannabis Lubricants?
There is a variety of emerging brands of sexual lubricants infused with tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD). These products promise to enhance sexual pleasure and even induce more numerous or intense orgasms. These products are applied to the genitals for the enhancement of sexual stimulation by increasing sensitivity and relaxation.
Cannabis lubes are made by infusing THC or CBD into a carrier oil. They are designed to be applied topically to genital areas during or before sex. Because THC and CBD are fat soluble, a carrier oil allows the cannabinoids to be absorbed through the skin. The compounds can then produce sexually beneficial effects, like relaxation and increased sensitivity.
The two common cannabinoids infused in cannabis-based lube products are CBD and THC. Both of these compounds interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system, affecting various physiological processes. The results could potentially intensify your sensation or inspire you to be more “in the mood.”
Why You Should Get Your Medical Marijuana Card
Veriheal has satisfied millions of patients nationwide by giving them access to these benefits
- Larger purchase limits
- Peace of mind
- Enhanced legal protection
- Access to higher potency strains
- Save up to 25% on cannabis purchases
- Skip the line at the dispensary
CBD and THC both act as vasodilators. In other words, these compounds open up blood vessels and allow the body to achieve greater blood flow to the genitals—particularly the clitoris. A higher blood flow can facilitate more intense pleasure and stimulate enhanced orgasmic experiences.
As noted, these lubricants are particularly effective on women, because the vagina’s mucus membranes allow 100 percent of the product to be absorbed by the body. For men, a CBD lube can be used to lubricate the penis during and after sex to reduce inflammation if there is friction. However, the stimulating sensual effects will be felt less by men than by women.
CBD vs. THC: A Comparative Overview
CBD and THC each offer distinct effects. For one, CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid, so it doesn’t induce the same “high” feelings associated with THC. This cannabinoid is commonly extracted from cannabis plants classified as hemp. CBD produces effects like relaxation and potentially improved sensitivity by increasing blood flow to the genitals. If you want to enhance intimacy without psychoactive effects, and if you live in a state where THC is not legal, then you may want to give CBD-based lubricants a try.
On the other hand, THC lube is said to produce warm, tingling sensations in the genitals. THC is the psychoactive compound found in cannabis plants and is known to induce euphoric sensations as well as more intense and immersive sexual experiences when infused with a sexual lubricant. Lubricants infused with THC tend to have more intense physiological and even psychological effects, as when applied to the vaginal/clitoral area. Therefore, cannabis lubricants with THC can heighten the pleasure in your romantic encounters in different ways than CBD. Also, the effects of THC lubes can last between two and four hours, increasing the likelihood of multiple orgasms.
Benefits of Cannabis Lubress
In summary, here are the main benefits you may gain from adding a cannabis-based lubricant to your sexual experience:
- Relaxation and Stress Reduction: CBD-infused lubricants potentially help alleviate stress and anxiety, allowing users to relax and experience more immersive enjoyment of intimate moments without distraction.
- Enhanced Sensation: The vasodilating properties of both THC and CBD can increase sensitivity, arousal, and overall pleasure.
- Intensified Pleasure: THC-based lubricants, in particular, can induce psychoactive effects when applied to the vagina or vulva or if swallowed. These effects can heighten and augment sensations for a more intense and unique sexual experience than couples may be used to.
- Heightened Sensory Perception: The psychoactive properties of THC also potentially alter sensory perception, which can make every touch and sensation more pronounced. This heightened state of awareness can contribute to a more immersive and pleasurable intimate experience.
- Euphoria and Connection: The relaxing properties of CBD, as well as the psychoactive effects of THC, can contribute to a sense of euphoria and increased emotional connection between partners. Such elevated emotional intimacy may create a more fulfilling experience for couples’ sexual celebrations.
Have a Happy Valentine’s Day 😉
As the stigma surrounding cannabis diminishes, more couples are taking an interest in cannabis-infused lube to enhance their intimate experiences. Whether you are looking for the calming effects of CBD or the psychoactive, euphoric sensations associated with THC, cannabinoid-based lubricants can offer partners a unique experience in their celebrations of love and connection on Valentine’s Day and perhaps even in more typical contexts of sexual engagement. Overall, this guide is meant to help you decide if these products are right for you by providing comparisons to help you choose a product that best aligns with your personal preferences and comfort levels. Whether you opt for a CBD or THC lubricant in the end, these products will surely provide a memorable and hopefully satisfying celebration of romance this year.