No products in the cart.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the two major active components in cannabis, the other being tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). This natural compound does not cause a high like THC. Instead, research shows that it has a lot of health benefits. CBD oils can help relieve pain, treat mental health issues, and even alleviate some side effects of cancer therapy. There are many ways to use CBD oil. However, one of the most effective methods is to use sublingual cbd: place the tincture beneath your tongue.
» Learn more about CBD and its therapeutic applications.
Read this article till the end to understand the basics of this usage. You will also learn the safe way to apply CBD sublingually, as well as the benefits of the practice.
Why You Should Use Sublingual CBD
There are many benefits associated with using CBD below your tongue as opposed to regular oral consumption. These benefits include:
The sublingual route gives CBD oil ample time to diffuse through the tissue into the bloodstream. The thin mucous membrane under the tongue allows it to bypass digestion, which leads to rapid absorption.
Sublingual CBD works more effectively. When you administer it below your tongue, apart from the fast absorption, you are getting optimum value out of your oil.
Ease of Use
Sublingual CBD use is a straightforward approach to consuming the oil. It is also easy to adopt if you are not yet comfortable with smoking or inhaling CBD vapor.
Sublingual CBD: How It Works
Sublingual CBD application is different from other edible CBD forms like chocolates, gummies, or capsules. Once swallowed, these edibles first go into the digestive system. From there, it can take up to an hour or two for CBD to be fully absorbed by the body through the bloodstream. However, administering it below your tongue works differently.
Apply For Your Medical Marijuana Card Today
Veriheal has satisfied hundreds of thousands of patients nationwide
- Get approved or your money back
- Appointments available on-demand
- Customer support available 24/7
There is a mucus membrane beneath the tongue and inside the cheeks. These membranes have blood vessels that easily absorb substances directly into the bloodstream. If the tincture is in contact with these blood vessels long enough, it will get into the body quickly.
How to Take Sublingual CBD Tincture
It is very easy to take CBD sublingually. You only need to make sure that you use the oil in permeable sublingual areas for optimal results. Follow the steps below to get started.
1. Select a Tincture
Tinctures refer to CBD dissolved in carrier oils like coconut oil or sesame oil. They can either be in droppers or sprays. Tinctures in drops are primarily for sublingual use, while CBD sprays can be used both below the tongue and inside the cheeks.
2. Use the Appropriate Dosage
Put the recommended number of drops or spritz of spray directly below your tongue. You can simply check out the dosage instructions or ask your physician for directions.
3. Hold the Drops or Spritz in Your Mouth
After application, hold the tincture for 30 seconds under the tongue so it can enter the bloodstream. For sprays, hold the oil for about one minute before swallowing. Resist the urge to swallow any built-up saliva before the holding time expires.
4. Disperse the Liquid
When the oil is in your mouth, ensure it makes contact with your cheeks and every area below the tongue. This action further aids the absorption into your bloodstream.
5. Wait for It to Kick In
You should start feeling the effect of CBD within 15 – 30 minutes of taking the dose. Expect maximum results after about 1½ hours. The effectiveness of CBD can continue in the body for up to 8 hours after use.
Other Tips and Safety Measures for Sublingual CBD
There are other practices and measures you can adopt to give you an amazing experience when using sublingual CBD. They include:
- Brush your teeth just before taking the tincture to aid its absorption into the bloodstream.
- Do not apply the oil on top of your tongue because it would not be effectively absorbed into the body.
- For tinctures that do not indicate the CBD per dose, you can ask your retailer for the quantity to use. You can also use small doses at a time and observe your sensitivity with time.
- Purchase your CBD tincture from trusted and verified sources.
- Do not use CBD if you are using other medications like blood thinners. It is best to ask your doctor if it is safe for you to use CBD while taking a certain supplement or medicine.
- Stop using CBD immediately and consult a doctor if you notice any side effects.
- It is safe to swallow your CBD tincture; however, it would take longer for you to feel its effect.
- Do not eat immediately after taking CBD sublingually: It is best to wait about 15 minutes after CBD application before you eat. You should also hold off using CBD for the same amount of time after eating.
How Often Can You Use Cannabidiol Sublingually?
There is no standard limit as to how often you can use CBD sublingually because the frequency can vary from person to person. However, many of its users reportedly take it twice a day—morning and evening.
Eventually, it is up to you to understand the peculiarity of your body and the reason why you are taking the oil to determine your frequency of use.
When you use CBD sublingually, it diffuses into the bloodstream faster, and you can feel the effects within minutes. Simply put, the sublingual route is both safe and effective.
If you are a new CBD user, you should adopt the tips in this article to get the best out of your oil. Good luck!